Mention the date “February 14th” to anyone over ten years of age, and their thoughts fly to romantic heart-shaped boxes of candy and frilly Valentine cards. You don’t need Hallmark to express loving thoughts to that special person in your life. Simply copy one of these delightful quotes or prayer on a red heart and slip it under the pillow.
A Prayer for Lovers
Please make our relationship a great and holy adventure.
May our joining be a sacred space.
May the two of us find rest here, a haven for our souls.
Remove from us any temptation to judge one another or to direct one another.
Bring us what You desire for us,
And show us how
You would have us be.
Thank You, dear God,
You who re the cement between us.
Thank You for this love.
Amen.” Author unknown to me
Love Quotes from the Bible
- “May they who love you be like the sun when it rises in its strength.” Judges 5:31
- “Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth – for his love is more delightful then wine.” Song of Songs 1:2
- “How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful! Your eyes are doves.” Song of Songs 1:15
- “Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it.” Song of Songs 8:7
- “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
- “Let us love, not in word or speech, but in truth and action.” John 3:18
- “The entire law is summed up in a single command, “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Galations 5:14
- “We love because He first loved us.” 1 John 4:19
And this is how we are to love one another:
“Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no records of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves.
Love never fails…” 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Inspiring Words from Insightful Men and Women
- “There is no remedy for love but to love more.” Henry David Thoreau
- “The first duty of love is to listen.” Paul Tillich
- “Let us always greet each other with a smile for the smile is the beginning of love.” Mother Theresa
- “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” Mother Theresa
- “When the satisfaction or the security of another person becomes as significant to one as one’s own satisfaction or security, then the state of love exists.” Henry Stack Sullivan
- “Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young.” A. W. Pinero
- “At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.” Plato
- “Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- “Immature love says: ‘I love you because I need you.’ Mature love says ‘I need you because I love you.” Erich Fromm
- “Where there is love there is life.” Mahatma Gandhi
- “For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” Judy Garland
- “Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.” Kahlil Gibran, “The Vision”
- “You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.” Kahil Gibran
- “The love we give away is the only love we keep.” Elbert Hubbard
- “The supreme happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved.” Victor Hugo
- “No matter what you’ve done for yourself or for humanity, if you can’t look back on having given love and attention to your own family, what have you really accomplished?” Lee Iacocca