Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, and that means finding the right gift for your significant other. V Day has always typically been a day for women, but this year, let’s try to make it special for him. Whether he is your boyfriend, husband, or something in between, here are 10 ideas on what you can buy him this Valentine’s Day.
- Tickets. These could be concert tickets, movie tickets, sports tickets, opera tickets, comedy tickets. Think about your guy and his interests.
- Magazine Subscription. This is a great gift because there are so many different options for every kind of enthusiast. This works well as a last-minute gift and guarantees that he will get the magazine he loves delivered right to his door.
- A romantic getaway. This doesn’t have to be expensive, it could just be a day trip for two to a nearby ski hill, but it shows that you care and it provides you with some quality time together.
- Clothing. Think along the lines of something intimate that only someone who really knew him could pick out for him. Think boxers, a bath robe, cuff links or a dress shirt. Find something that would be personal to him and shows that you know his interests.
- Alcohol. You could get him gift card to a local brewery so he brew his own beer or a gift card to the nearest liquor store for the less adventurous. Or, even better, you could splurge on a bottle of premium liquor if he usually buys the cheap stuff. Beer of the Month clubs are also a great gift.These different options provide a way that you can tailor your gift to how much you want to spend.
- Couples massage or a massage kit. These are my favourite kinds of gifts because they benefit both you and him. You could get side-by-side massages or purchase a massage kit for some at-home sessions.
- Games or gadgets. Even if your guy is far from being a gamer, he would probably still enjoy a gadget of some sort. It seems to be an intrinsic part of a man’s makeup. And, with the new hands-free gaming coming out you might just find something you enjoy too.
- Dinner. They say that the key to a man’s heart is through his stomach, and if you ask most men, you’ll see that it’s true. Men love food about as much as we love chocolate, so make him an extra special dinner this Valentine’s Day. Or, if you typically make dinner, take him out and treat him to dinner at his favourite restaurant.
- Sweets. This seems pretty obvious, but chocolates or any of his favourite candies will be sure to get you on his sweet side. If you are looking for something extra special, try MY M&M’S®, where you can personalize your M&M’s to say whatever you want.
- Lingerie. Not for HIM, but for YOU. Guys love to see their ladies all dolled up and revealing their confident selves.
As always, keep in mind your guy’s interests. What it really comes down to is you showing him that you care and that you’re paying attention.